Friday 22 July 2011

Mood, Matt, Mad.



Ruining the mood in the morning is just something unduly bad. It is very common in our life. Let your head’s up and feel the fresh air flow through. That was what I felt days ago and it’s so damn argh…I mustn’t continue that.
However, something boosted in my mood in very sudden when I listened to these…

A ceiling was beyond the world I could afford
You’ll never knock your head or chip your teeth
If you won't take some more
Or just keep dancing with your chin a vacant stare
The promise worth in every movement was proceeded in your chair”
Or these
“Pardon the intrusion
could we leave before it gets bad
I might smash up all the windows
and set fire to the curtains
Yes, those are parts of lyrics in two songs of Matt Pond PA. Who or what is Matt Pond PA? Perhaps, it’s your first time to hear that band. I only know a bit about them. They come from Philadelphia, USA. As I know and my friend told me that they hold ‘indie’. I have searched in the Internet about the personnel belongs to that band. Still, I’m confused about exact numbers. Maybe, it consisted of four when the band was founded. 

Or five?

And I think they reformed the personnel until consisting of three, as I see in this picture



Anyway, I haven’t told you why I was very busy of searching everything’s related to that band. First, I was very curious of what my fella said in formspring.me that the name of our favorite Indonesian neo-folk indie band is taken from one of the Matt Pond PA’s songs: The Trees and The Wild. At first, I only wonder of the song entitled as aforementioned, The Trees and The Wild. Passionately, I downloaded one album of ‘The Dark Leaves’. Felt unsatisfied since there’ s no The Trees and The Wild in that album, I kept on searching and finally I found it in ‘Several Arrows Later’. Amazingly, that song doesn’t really attract me; instead I’m keen on other songs. ‘Winter Fawn’ is the song that I like most at the first. ‘Sparrows’ catches me then. Move to ‘Remain’, and go on ‘Brooklyn Fawn’ until I find the most favorite song from the Dark Leaves album, ‘Starting’, and ‘Halloween’ from ‘Several Arrows later’. 
However, those songs are very attached to me. All of them are very awesome. I always play and replay in many times, in the morning as my boosters, in the afternoon as my lunch and coffee partner, and at night as my lullaby *not exaggerating somehow. In other words, that band drives my crazy. Every word of each song really pleases me. I must blame Matthew Pond for this haha :D. Everytime I listen to Matt Pond PA’s songs, everytime I remember this…
this...

and this....



It’s hard to take my headset off and stop playing either the songs or the clips. Hard! I want the songs are always swinging in my ears. Good night Matt.
Million thanks to Milta who are always tell me the gorgeous bands, particularly indie bands whether in country or abroad. Cheers. And for Agung and Ninik for helping me downloading some clips. Thanks…thanks…thanks…I want to remind Agung to admit that you are also amazed at “Halloween”, huh? Come on the fact says that…Haha…
Oh one more……
“We stand on ledges, kick our feet and throw our shoes
I tried to move a little closer, nothing left for me to lose
There is no argument to get me going hoarse
Misplaced my mind and now I do not have to worry about before”
You know how many amounts of happiness comes in me when listening to their songs :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment